Thursday, December 11, 2008

#23 Let the Journey Begin.......




Let me say in closing that I have enjoyed doing all the exercises in this 2.0 training. I have surpised myself that I have continued with this til the end. I have already patted myself on the back as well as my fellow co-workers. It is gratifying to know that I am not as technologically ignorant as I thought. Some the websites that I had fun exploring were LibraryThing, YouTube, Podcasts, and Audio Books. I am an avid reader of mystery books and I cannot wait to dowload some of new upcoming mystery books by my favorite authors. I have always found it a mystery how one can insert a video and postcast in one's blog, but I found it very easy to do and thus eliminating the mystery on how it was done. Now when I follow my fellow bloggers I can do that and with more practice be able to really "dress up" my blog. Some of the other websites were more challenging and some time in the future, I will play more with Technorati, Del.icio.us and Wikis. All in all, I have enjoyed stepping outside my comfort zone and taken on this challenge. I will certainly want to participate in future trainings of this type. In closing, the use of technology of this kind is the on the horizon for library staff and I can definitely see the need of it for library patrons. The information age should be made available to all library patrons and it is the responsibility of library staff to make it available to all.

No comments: